As I was looking for photos for Troy for the last flashback, I came across this picture:

Which made me think, with all these photos of children in crazy costumes and the like, maybe I should do a flashback of ME doing crazy things when the kids were little...
It was a nice thought...but I quickly discovered that there were not many to be found. In fact, compared to how many pictures I take, there are not many of me at all when the kids were little...and those that we do have, are usually less than flattering: Me in the background, in some unbecoming, unrelated pose; me holding a baby, eyes sunken in from exhaustion, weak smile on my face.
Cliff's favorite is one that he snapped on our first Thanksgiving (before kids, so it wouldn't relate to this post, anyway). I was in the kitchen, in my flannel PJ's, up to my elbows in flour and dough for the rolls that were my contribution to the dinner. My hair is crazy, and I'm giving the photographer (guess who?) a look that says "Do it, and you'll be sleeping on the couch." He evidently learned early that such threats from me were hollow. I'd post it here, but he has it with him in his deployment photo album.
In another photo...a family shot of us visiting my Great Grandma in the nursing home when Coree was a baby...I (no lie) look like Andrea Yates' doppleganger. I almost posted it, but shredded it instead. Scary!

This is one of the best I could come up with. I'm pregnant with Jake, in my second trimester so I'm feeling decent. (And not exhausted from nursing anyone, either!)

And as far as costumes...I'm evidently a lame-o in that area, too. This is as good as it gets...me dressed up for a tea party for a Stake Primary activity. Wow, I'm an exciting mom...but I pledge to do better!
2 comments:
You're an awesome mom!! And a beautiful one too. Love the flashbacks. I still think of you as that little brown eyed girl and it makes me smile at the incredible person you've become... You don't need a costume! Ha!
I know! Isn't it funny how there are like no mom pixs until the kids know how to use a camera, well use a camera as in being able to take focused pixs that are NOT of the ground and feet?! Hahahaha! The husband always seems to take a pix when we are somehow looking like we just crawled outta a grave to try to live life again! LOL! Love the viking looking one!!! Soo remember that kitchen in the prego one! LOL!
Post a Comment