
We had so much fun watching "King Troy" at last year's Madrigal Dinner, we were very excited Patrick scored a major role in this year's production. He and Brandon were excellent jesters together.

Guess Patrick's just good at playing the fool?


Here's "Death" coming to pay them a visit.
I've included a few clips here, but no obligation to watch them all.




The message was very touching and clever, actually. "Death" is coming for them, and they are in search of someone to be their champion. I can't remember all of the characters, but this one represents their fellowman. You can see that once he figures out what they want, he has no interest in fighting death for them.

I can't remember her exact title (and if I saw much of Patrick lately between all his activities, I could easily ask him) but she was something like Earthly Possessions?

She wasn't going to help them, either. Neither was Intelligence, who I didn't get a good picture of.

And here's Good Works. This guy was particularly funny. He crawled in with only his arms, as though he didn't have a leg to stand on. They had to try to carry him to help them fight death...but in the end, they just couldn't support him...he was no good to them.
After watching this clip, I'm sure you've guessed, they figure out the only way to fight death is with the help of God. Yes, this production was at a public school. I love this place.
And here's a clip of the finale.
And this is just them leaving the stage to get in position for one final number. I didn't actually know what was happening at the time, but I included this clip because Patrick is just funny to watch.
I missed filming the first few seconds, because it took me that long to figure out what was going on. They did this number to honor those away from their families, especially at the holidays. It was very touching.

And here are the jokers! I don't know why Patrick felt he had to change first. Cool factor, I guess. We at least made him put the hat back on.

Here we are outside, chatting with some friends, trying to decide where to go to celebrate.

Climax Coffee, it is! Of course, there was a kid table and a grown-up table. (The kids wouldn't want us to cramp their style!)
Great job, Patrick...you rocked!
No comments:
Post a Comment