Another Saturday, another culinary adventure. This place is pretty popular with Americans and Yoshi is somewhat of a local celebrity. Just the drive to get there was an experience. It's just up the road from us, not far at all, but you have to know where you are going, it's a pretty crazy drive.
The walls are covered in memorabilia...pics of him with pro golfers, military leaders and pretty women.
You sit on the floor, but it is open under the table so you can dangle your feet if you want.
Yes, I pretend to take pics of my kids so I can take pics of other things/people instead. I'm not ashamed to admit it.
There's Yoshi, over the guy in the yellow shirt. You can tell he LOVES his work. He was smiling the whole time.
Directly in front of me, this clock was hanging. You might think it corny, but I got a little sentimental looking at Cliff's time zone.
So here's the spread. I ordered his special dinner...sashimi, tempura, teriyaki sea bass, sauteed asparagus, rice and miso soup. Yum!
Troy's sushi platter
Patrick's teriyaki beef and tempura
Coree's yakisoba
Jake's teriyaki combo with tempura
LOVE this purple sweet potato!
Here we are out front, ready to roll ourselves back to the car.
Patrick and Jake working it off before we even make it to the parking lot.
The food was incredible. One of the pricier places we've been...not over the top, but not a bargain. You can see, we clearly got what we paid for, though. This one definitely stays on the special occasion list. And what's more special than when friends and family come to visit? We'll be waiting for you!
4 comments:
Hi Carrie,
I'll maybe considering visiting if there's more to eat than sushi....don't do raw fish.
Have a good weekend,
Lisa
3 out of 5 dishes pictured had NO fish whatsoever...raw or cooked. There are plenty of non-sushi options. We will hook you up!
That Sushi looks so good about now. I wonder if there are any sushi bars open at 1 am in St. George.
I love Yoshi's. Next time you go you'll have to get a picture with Yoshi himself. He holds a huge sword in a crazy Ninja pose when you take your picture with him and he'll stop everything to do it. Definitely worth it!
Post a Comment