We are the Stuarts (formerly of Imperial) now residing in Okinawa, Japan.

This blog started from a desire to bridge the miles as we were preparing to leave the USA for 3+ years. It has turned into much more. It's part travel diary, part personal reflection, part "sociology of military life" and part mommy-blog. We hope you read something here that is interesting to you (or at least not a total waste of your time).

Friday, April 3, 2009

Flashback Friday...Congratulations...It's a Storm Trooper!


S
ince we're talking about Patrick's birthday, this seemed like a natural flashback. Patrick's 3rd birthday is one that I remember well. We had just moved back to California from Illinois, I had just had Coree a little over a month earlier, and gotten out of a walking cast that I wore during my pregnancy with her. We were living in a small apartment while waiting for base housing, so things were just a little crazy.


Patrick breathed Star Wars. This was him in our little apartment, wearing the mask and holding the blaster from his Halloween costume from the year before. It was 3 sizes too big, but it mattered not, he had to have it. We rolled up the legs and sleeves and he was fine.



What could it be?



Oh, I remember those flying discs well. They were everywhere!



Oh my goodness, don't I look young...and tired?



Patrick's birthday portrait. What a cutie pie! Happy Birthday, Patrick.

No comments: