We are the Stuarts (formerly of Imperial) now residing in Okinawa, Japan.

This blog started from a desire to bridge the miles as we were preparing to leave the USA for 3+ years. It has turned into much more. It's part travel diary, part personal reflection, part "sociology of military life" and part mommy-blog. We hope you read something here that is interesting to you (or at least not a total waste of your time).

Friday, August 20, 2010

Flashback Friday...Eighties Fashion




January 1989...farewell party...leaving for bootcamp

Let me count the things I love about this picture:

(1) The one-side-longer-than-the-other-spiral-perm hair do

(2) The long-sleeve, high-neck, puffy-sleeve, hounds tooth shirt

(3) The sweet, retro, bolo-tie-inspired necklace.

(4) The baggy knit overall pants with big black buttons down the front.

And what you can't see:

The pants tucked into matching socks, with pointy, lace-up boots to round out the "totally eighties" look.

Somebody get me some Yaz, STAT!

6 comments:

Lisa Lamont said...

Hi Carrie,

I got the 80's music...STAT!!! Wanna come over?!?!!?

Chat soon,
The Lovely Lisa Lamont

Carrie Stuart said...

Oh how I'd LOVE to come over and stump you with "Name that eighties tune"! *sigh* Those were the good ol' days!

Teachinfourth said...

Now you just need some neon and leg warmers...

Kelly said...

Can't stop now, don't you know, I ain't never gonna let you go, DONT GO!

Anonymous said...

Oh the hoops I had to cross over to arrange for that cake. The artist presented it to me and said that she didn't have a pattern for a Navy ship, so she hoped a cruise ship would work . . . . .

Carrie Stuart said...

And for some reason, I shared these pics in bootcamp. One of my CC's was NOT amused with the pool, lol! I thought it was great!