We are the Stuarts (formerly of Imperial) now residing in Okinawa, Japan.

This blog started from a desire to bridge the miles as we were preparing to leave the USA for 3+ years. It has turned into much more. It's part travel diary, part personal reflection, part "sociology of military life" and part mommy-blog. We hope you read something here that is interesting to you (or at least not a total waste of your time).

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Nakagusuku Castle Ruins





I've been quite adventurous on my own lately...due to a new project I'm working on.

I decided to explore these nearby castle ruins today. Not only was the day perfectly GORGEOUS, but there was hardly anyone around. I WAY got my 3 bucks worth here.

The grass was so green, the breeze so lovely, the clouds so puffy and white...I seriously wanted to break into song...or lay down on the ground and make grass angels. I'm pretty sure the Japanese frown on that kind of behavior, though...so I just screamed and did a little happy dance (but both just in my head).

There is a panoramic view of the ocean on three sides of these ruins, making it an excellent spot for a castle. Those Ryukuans were no dummies. Take a look:



There is SO much to see on this island...and I get to LIVE here!

(You can see more of my castle pics here.)


No comments: