We are the Stuarts (formerly of Imperial) now residing in Okinawa, Japan.

This blog started from a desire to bridge the miles as we were preparing to leave the USA for 3+ years. It has turned into much more. It's part travel diary, part personal reflection, part "sociology of military life" and part mommy-blog. We hope you read something here that is interesting to you (or at least not a total waste of your time).

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Uncle Justin and Aunt Brittani

The day after we returned from our conference trip, Uncle Justin and Aunt Brittani arrived for a visit! While we hope they will come to see us in Okinawa, too...and we hope to come to Colorado to visit them, all we know for now is that we are leaving the country and we need to savor every moment we have with them!


Here we are enjoying dinner shortly after their arrival. Things were so crazy with Cliff having to leave for KC (for Dave's funeral) as soon as we got back from SLC, AND the busiest time for my work (change of the term) ahead of me...so it was SO sweet of Deb to surprise us with this delicious dinner. I was just planning on getting pizza or takout. This was SO much better!


OK, so maybe we had a little competition. They were here to see us...but they also scheduled the trip around the Chargers/Patriots game. I can live with that.

Let's be honest...there's not a WHOLE lot of excitement to be had in the Imperial Valley. We went to the Mall, Gamestop and Coldstone...Cliff took them on a tour of the base when he got back...and then the last night they were here, we went bowling at the NEW bowling alley out in town. It is pretty awesome, I must say.

Uncle and Nephew


Aunt and Niece


Troy and Patrick put on their best "teenage attitude" faces. Their vote was laser tag...which doesn't really lend itself to family conversation.


We were having fun, anyway!


Couldn't resist a rear view


Did you know Justin took bowling in college? And snowboarding! How cool is that?


Look at that form! Kind of an artsy shot, huh?


We all laughed so hard at this one...I was trying to capture some of Justin's tricks (like his under the leg one here)...but none of the shots came out very flattering...this is the funniest one!




This is where the REAL fun is!

Besides bowling and laser tag, they have an arcade full of games which dispense tickets (like Chuck E Cheese) where you can earn prizes. I wonder if there is a kid out there with his eye on that Crock Pot? (Only 2815 more tickets and that baby's mine!)



All the kids took a turn learning from the master...




Cliff and Patrick are out of tokens...so they make up their own games

Just good, clean Valley fun!

2 comments:

Scotty Scoop said...

Carrie,
I love your blog! Except that it makes me miss you like crazy. I must have your pumpkin muffin recipe! And your flashbacks are so fun to read. I proudly take all the credit for inspiring them ;). My mom and I had a good laugh at the creative costumes.
Love,
Holly

Carrie Stuart said...

Hi Holly! I want to see some more of YOUR flashbacks! Make that happen, K? I will post my muffin recipe as soon as I am able!

Hope to see you around the "fleet" soon! Any news?