We are the Stuarts (formerly of Imperial) now residing in Okinawa, Japan.

This blog started from a desire to bridge the miles as we were preparing to leave the USA for 3+ years. It has turned into much more. It's part travel diary, part personal reflection, part "sociology of military life" and part mommy-blog. We hope you read something here that is interesting to you (or at least not a total waste of your time).

Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's in the low 90's...It MUST be Fall!


W
e may not have the gorgeous Fall colors out here in the desert (as seen below, surrounding Troy in Colorado)...



We may not have our own pumpkin patch like Bell Gardens in Valley Center...


But no matter where we have traveled, we've always had something very special to usher in this time of year...



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins...manna from heaven!

I received this recipe from my dear friend, (and first Visiting Teacher) Julie Cole, when I was still a single gal. I've been making them now since before I was birthin' babies, so my kids have been raised on them. They'll ask for them any time of year...they are everyone's favorite...but we usually reserve them for the cooler months.

This was the first batch of the season. Let the holidays begin!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that photo op in the fall colors outside Grand Junction with you and Troy. Seems we were slogging our way in a U-Haul truck from SoCal to Joliet. Had your Ford sedan behind on a trailer with the trunk full of used motor oil all neatly saved in plastic quart oil bottles. (Perhaps Carrie will tell everyone the rest of THAT story)

The old U-Haul just barely made it over the mountain west of Denver . . . making the last painful mile at about 3 MPH and me wondering how much a tow truck would cost.

Dad

Carrie Stuart said...

LOL! You have that memory preserved perfectly! Funny how some photos just trigger a whole story like that...it's the same memory that goes through my mind whenever I see it. I'll have to blog the story of that flashback sometime!