We are the Stuarts (formerly of Imperial) now residing in Okinawa, Japan.

This blog started from a desire to bridge the miles as we were preparing to leave the USA for 3+ years. It has turned into much more. It's part travel diary, part personal reflection, part "sociology of military life" and part mommy-blog. We hope you read something here that is interesting to you (or at least not a total waste of your time).

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Traditions 2011


Easter was really late this year...and it's a good thing, too. It gave Jake and I a chance to get home to enjoy it with the family.


Flashing gang signs while waiting for the hunt.



Jake was worried how he was going to find his basket on crutches, so I went easy on him. Turns out the shoe basket was too easy. He found his first.



Coree was next...clever girl.



I'm pretty sure we do the dryer every year. 25% chance you'll find yours there.



Patrick over-thought his. Not that we haven't done the dishwasher, but he was climbing on counters and being ridiculous.



The coat closet was the last place he looked. OK, well...I guess that's true for any place you hide it.



Cliff was thrilled to learn he had a surprise Easter basket and hunted enthusiastically.



Charlotte was hoping for Whiskas. Bummer.



He was a little sheepish that he hadn't gotten me anything...



He needn't be. I was prepared with two of everything. ;^)



Easter basket hunt 2011: Success. Notice the utilitarian baskets? I got rid of the Easter baskets. They took up too much space. These work just fine and are useful more than one day a year.

Next on the agenda? The Jerusalem dinner! Here's some of what was on the menu this year:

lamb and barley
mustard glazed rack of lamb
flat bread
hummus
nuts and dried fruits
asst. cheeses and olives
grape juice







And since we didn't get any honeycomb from my dad this year, Honeycombs will have to do.



This is what it looked like.



The rack of lamb was new this year and it was a huge hit.



Even Coree ate some!



It was so awesome to sit around and listen to everyone rave about how this is their favorite tradition. You know, we try different things, and some stick and some don't...but I'm glad this one did. We don't do everything perfectly, we don't do near as much as some people...but I love the memories we've created...and I love this family so much.



And this guy? He's my hands-down favorite. I couldn't have done it without him.


No comments: