We are the Stuarts (formerly of Imperial) now residing in Okinawa, Japan.

This blog started from a desire to bridge the miles as we were preparing to leave the USA for 3+ years. It has turned into much more. It's part travel diary, part personal reflection, part "sociology of military life" and part mommy-blog. We hope you read something here that is interesting to you (or at least not a total waste of your time).

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Lettermen


The letterman jackets finally arrived. (These were Christmas presents, remember?) I knew they'd arrive after Christmas, but the end of February seemed a bit excessive to me.


Oh, how I love these boys.



These grad year patches are my favorite



Troy had a football number to add, but there are no numbers in cross-country



OK, maybe the dragon is my favorite. (Go Dragons!!)



And of course, their sport pins.



Patrick ran into the house shouting, "Wait, Troy...you need your football."
To which Troy replied, "Um, Patrick...I don't actually USE a football."
To which I chimed in..."That's right Patrick, Troy is more of a...'people' person."
Troy liked that.
Patrick still insisted on the football.



Then Patrick wanted this action shot.



He says the jacket makes him feel epic. I think he's pretty epic anyway.

No comments: