We are the Stuarts (formerly of Imperial) now residing in Okinawa, Japan.

This blog started from a desire to bridge the miles as we were preparing to leave the USA for 3+ years. It has turned into much more. It's part travel diary, part personal reflection, part "sociology of military life" and part mommy-blog. We hope you read something here that is interesting to you (or at least not a total waste of your time).

Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm gonna miss this monkey...






And not just because he's so agile and can fit into small places...



But because he is always SO willing to help. I love me some Jacob. I'm not implying that he's the only one of my kids that willingly helps...because they all do...to different degrees. But just as all of our personalities are different, Jacob is actually happy to help with any project. Cooking, cleaning, heavy-lifting...you name it. He's happy when he's hard at work.

If only that translated to cleaning his own room without being hounded. I wonder what the heck that's about?

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Kind of weird seeing him grow up. He'll always be that sweet little Jake to me!

Clint C. said...

We had closets just like that in Guam. I still picture Jake as 5.