We are the Stuarts (formerly of Imperial) now residing in Okinawa, Japan.

This blog started from a desire to bridge the miles as we were preparing to leave the USA for 3+ years. It has turned into much more. It's part travel diary, part personal reflection, part "sociology of military life" and part mommy-blog. We hope you read something here that is interesting to you (or at least not a total waste of your time).

Friday, September 4, 2009

Flashback Friday...Defensive Line Destiny?




When Troy was a year old, he was the size of a 3 year old. We used to get all kinds of football comments. Once, on vacation, a man (after staring at Troy for a long while) told us we should just start taping up his foot now. (I know nothing about football, so I just politely chuckled.) Cliff is a big football fan (especially the Chargers), but none of his boys inherited that trait...or so we thought?

I had all but forgotten about this picture. It was Troy's Halloween costume in 1996. We weren't big San Francisco fans or anything...this actually centered around needing a picture to go with an awesome Christmas letter my friend (Auntie Janette) wrote for us that year. It was so fabulous, it actually didn't matter that it contained no actual news of our family happenings of the past year. We did get a couple of complaints (along the lines of, "so now are you going to give us a REAL update?") but it was worth it. I don't know if I have a copy of it here, or if it's in storage back in the States, but if I can find it, I'll share it as a flashback.

At any rate, it's kind of hilarious to contrast this picture with Troy in uniform today. Do you believe in destiny?

No comments: