Last week, some friends and I went to get pedicures at the Cocok's (pronounced Coco's) by the ocean, to celebrate (or mourn, I guess) Brenda going back to the States for the Summer. It was my first time at this one...and the view was awesome, even with the limited visibility caused by all this rain.
Here's Ruthann (and Susan's toes) ready to be pampered. It's funny, I think pedicures are the new "breaking bread" on Okinawa. I go once a month, and each time now I've gone with a different group of people. It's a very social thing. Back in the States, I probably went with someone else twice, otherwise it was just like going to get a haircut or go to the dentist...you just went and got it done.
Susan, checking out the design book. SO many options, so little time. I failed to get photos of Brenda and Calla, darn it...I was just to distracted by the relaxation, I guess.
I wish I could combine the view of this one, with the thoroughness of the other Cocok's...because I didn't feel it compared here. I suppose it could just be who was working on me, since I've heard others say they like this one better.
Everyone else had to scatter, but Susan and I had some time to get lunch at Ono Kau Kau before heading home. It just so happened, I also had a command function that night...a hail and farewell dinner (held in conjunction with a unit golf activity).
Here's an exerpt of the email I sent to Cliff:
"Dear Sweetie,
.....I had a rough day today...pedicures on the water, lunch on the water...now I need a nap before I head to dinner on the golf course. I know it's a rough life...but thank you for keeping me in the lifestyle I've become accustomed to.
Love ya,
Mean it,
Carrie"
IF ONLY the days were all like this! Actually, I guess that would be pretty boring...and I wouldn't appreciate how special times like these with friends really are.
Oh....and here's my toes:
Please tell me if you are aware of a place in the US that does nails this detailed, included in the price (not just a little something on the big toe for an extra charge) and I will have Cliff talk to his detailer about where we're going next! I'm SO going to miss this place! I don't think 3 years will be long enough...
2 comments:
Dear Carrie,
And you thought, I was SPOILED?!!?!?
No wonder, you weren't around when I was on FB.
TTFN,
Lisa
That was the first and last place i had my toes done! The other one wasn't made until just a few years ago. I'm searching for a place here and i'll let you know if i find it!!! :) Make sure you get your toes done atleast once a month! Miss you!!!
Post a Comment