We are the Stuarts (formerly of Imperial) now residing in Okinawa, Japan.

This blog started from a desire to bridge the miles as we were preparing to leave the USA for 3+ years. It has turned into much more. It's part travel diary, part personal reflection, part "sociology of military life" and part mommy-blog. We hope you read something here that is interesting to you (or at least not a total waste of your time).

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Flashback Friday...Baby Coree


Since we are celebrating Coree's birth and all, I figured why not take a look back at what a wicked-cute baby she was...


At 8 lbs. 5 oz. and 20 inches, she was a little chunk. This is the day we brought her home from the hospital. I LOVE baby burritos!



This was her nursery. Although we did a cute nursery for each of the kids, this one is my fave...and I owe it to Cliff (yes dear, I'll say it again...you were right!). We had just arrived in California from Illinois, It was a few weeks from my due date, and we still hadn't come up with a plan for the nursery. We were at the mall in Carlsbad, walking around...looking at all the places you hit when you have preschoolers...K-B Toys, Gymboree...Cliff told me there were some nursery items back in the clearance bin. I scoffed at him...like we could afford to outfit an entire nursery in Gymboree, even on clearance. He insisted (with an offended tone) that I go back and look. This is what I found...at 75% off! I kid you not. They didn't have all the pieces, but they called around to other stores like South Coast Plaza and Laguna Hills Mall, and we were able to get her entire nursery for 75% off...about $150! Cha-ching! And it was SOOO cute...I was so sad when she grew out of it...and believe you me, we milked it! I even spray-painted Patrick's old toddler bed pink to match so she used it for a long time.


This was a gift from Coree's Fairy God Mother, Janette (Coree's middle name) of Lens Lust Fame --->>>
You can't see it very well, but she's also wearing a got milk? sleeper (leisure suit, whatever they call those things).


Here's another of my favorite gifties...this was a beautiful little dress/smock, hand-crocheted (is there any other kind?) by Tracy of Polyak Family Fame --->>>


I LOVE this picture! Since the day she was born, she had Daddy wrapped around her finger. Every time Cliff looked at her, he would get teary-eyed.


And Coree has always loved her daddy, too...


I showed this picture to Coree so she could see how cute she was. She said flatly, "I look like a monkey." She kind of does...but a REALLY adorable monkey!

2 comments:

Marsha said...

She really WAS / IS a beauty! And tell Coree she mostly didn't look like a monkey and anyway most babies DO look like monkies. ha!!

Janette said...

I'm getting caught up!

She's such a pretty girl.

I had forgotten about Got Milk Barbie. You have to get girls into dolls immediately.