These girls are a riot. We don't know whether the cat (Charlotte) learned this from the dog (Brownie) or if it is just a coincidence, but they both love to lay around and even sleep like this. They keep us laughing, that's for sure. Today we were looking at some pictures of Brownie from when we first got her, and she looked so young! It's hard to believe we've had her for 7 years now. She's going to be 10! I can't bear to think of how little time we have left with her. She's been such a huge blessing to our family. Charlotte is growing on us, too. We didn't expect to get cat, or love her so much, but she is very special...an ambassador for her species. I worry every day about putting them on that 18 hour flight to Okinawa, how they will do...if they will go crazy, if they will know we are doing this because we love them and couldn't bear to be without them, or if they'll think they are being punished. Life's full of tough choices, I guess.
This blog started from a desire to bridge the miles as we were preparing to leave the USA for 3+ years. It has turned into much more. It's part travel diary, part personal reflection, part "sociology of military life" and part mommy-blog. We hope you read something here that is interesting to you (or at least not a total waste of your time).
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Animal House
These girls are a riot. We don't know whether the cat (Charlotte) learned this from the dog (Brownie) or if it is just a coincidence, but they both love to lay around and even sleep like this. They keep us laughing, that's for sure. Today we were looking at some pictures of Brownie from when we first got her, and she looked so young! It's hard to believe we've had her for 7 years now. She's going to be 10! I can't bear to think of how little time we have left with her. She's been such a huge blessing to our family. Charlotte is growing on us, too. We didn't expect to get cat, or love her so much, but she is very special...an ambassador for her species. I worry every day about putting them on that 18 hour flight to Okinawa, how they will do...if they will go crazy, if they will know we are doing this because we love them and couldn't bear to be without them, or if they'll think they are being punished. Life's full of tough choices, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How cute!! I hope they adjust well to Japan. I'm sure with all the TLC they get from your family that they will!
Marsha
Post a Comment